The Resources Page
Our plan for this page is to provide links to relevant resources for our bowlers.
It will be a work in progress so keep an ear out for additions and changes.
If you know of any resources you think should be included, please email me the details and I'll add the information as soon as time permits.
Here's a list of documents for download
Please note that some of these links will direct you away from this page
- WADA list of prohibited substances - 2016
- Check that your medications are not in breach of the rules at ASADA
- Blind Sports Australia Governance Documents
Here's some media reports featuring BVIT members and content
- Link to ABC WA news item on tenpin bowling for the blind. Features Justin Bettes and WA bowlers
- You Tube Video of an interview with Marilyn Luck by journalist Thomas Dullard
on tenpin bowling for the blind
Web sites of interest
Blind Sports Radio (Australia)
Broadcasts a fantastic array of blindness-related sport online.
Link: Blind Sports Radio (Australia)
Blind Sports Australia
The sporting organisation representing blind and vision impaired sport in Australia
Link: Blind Sports Australia
A S A D A
The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) is the organisation with prime responsibility for implementation of the World Anti-Doping Code in Australia.Find out if your medications and substances are permitted or prohibited in sport
I B S A
IBSA (International Blind Sporting Association) was founded in Paris in 1981 as an international body developed to promote sports for the blind and visually impaired. Here are some direct links to various IBSA activities:
- About IBSA
- IBSA Frequently asked questions (F A Q)
- IBSA Anti-Doping Policies
- Eye Classification information from the source
- IBSA Documents